I’m New Here
Welcome! We’re glad you are here!
Thinking about coming to North Naples United Methodist Church for the first time? We realize trying something new can be a little scary. We want to do everything we can to put you at ease. Here’s a snapshot of what to expect on a typical Sunday morning at our main campus. We have an amazing Welcome Team that can help you find your way around our campus and get you connected. Please contact Rick Walkenhorst (click on his name) and he will do his best to make your first time experience at our church exceptional!
What should I wear?
You are encouraged to dress in whatever makes you feel comfortable. Even our most formal members in our traditional services wear “business casual” during the summer and our least formal folks are known to wear shorts, jeans, and flip flops. Right from the start we want you to know North Naples United Methodist Church is about who you are on the inside, not what you look like on the outside.
Where can I park?
Guest parking spaces are reserved for great people like you. They are located directly in front of the Chapel (see map below). Parking is available on most sides of the campus, but even if the “good spots” all look taken, there’s usually room on the north with convenient golf cart pick up and return. If you are having any difficulty at all in locating a spot or in finding where you want to go, our Parking Ambassadors are placed strategically throughout the parking areas to answer questions just like yours. Don’t be shy! If you have special needs, we’ve blocked off quite a few handicapped spaces close to the entrances.
What should I do with my children?
North Naples United Methodist Church offers a full range of age-appropriate programs for children birth through grade 12. Caring staff, volunteers, and faithful leaders can direct you to the appropriate location for you and your family. You are encouraged to check out the Children and Youth sections of this web site.
How do I find the right worship experience for me?
Do you prefer high energy, passionate praise music from an on-stage band? Do you enjoy the fresh sense of doing things in new and innovative ways? You probably want our Contemporary Worship experience at 9:30 on Sunday mornings. Would a choir, orchestra, hymns and choruses be more your speed? Do you enjoy the deep-rooted sense of doing things in time-honored ways? You may prefer our Traditional Worship experience at 8:15 and 11:00 a.m. Either style is designed in its own way to inspire you and give relevant direction to your life. All Sunday morning services are held in our main Sanctuary.
What should I expect?
- First, we promise you won’t be embarrassed or pressured to give money or to join the church, so relax and focus on experiencing worship.
- We’ll be singing songs to express our love for God, and many of the words will be on screens so you can sing along if you want to.
- You may also see Christian sacraments such as baptism or communion, and we’ll be sure to explain what they mean so you won’t feel out of the loop.
- Pastor Ted will share a relevant message, often combined with thought-provoking drama or video clips throughout the service, to enable you to discover new truths that help you see life from God’s point of view. We also take time to celebrate the great things God is doing in and through the people of the congregation. We encourage you to take notes provided, and check what we are saying against the Bible for yourself.
- Our services last 60 minutes, leaving plenty of time for involvement in a Bible study or class during our 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. services. Contact Sandy Rubinoff for more information.
Each week in the 9:30 Contemporary service, we celebrate Holy Communion together. On the first Sunday of each month, we celebrate Holy Communion in the Traditional services. We believe all are welcome at the Lord’s table, regardless of your denominational or religious background.
I want to explore more at North Naples UMC. What should I do?
Worship gatherings are just the beginning at NNUMC. To really begin connecting with new people and taking the next steps in your spiritual journey, look through the web site, e-mail or call the church, and also look in the various entrances to the sanctuary for up to date information about all we have going on. You are invited to take part in all we do here at North Naples UMC. To discuss how you can locate a small group and/or volunteer opportunity that is right for you, contact Terry Hand.
Last… but certainly not least! Where do I find some coffee, water, hot chocolate and refreshments?
Glad you asked! We have a wonderful coffee shop that is set up on Sundays in Founders Hall. Christ – Community – Coffee… it doesn’t get any better! We gather to fellowship and share a cup of gourmet coffee.